Who I Am:
- Founder of a 501(c)(3) that supports and promote educational activities in mid-Missouri. The biggest successful program was facilitating and putting on a TEDx event. We support those continuing similar events in Columbia.
- Introvert. I like to take my time, assess situations and people, and make informed decisions after reflection. It's not for everyone, but it works for me.
- Tiger in Mizzou's Crosby MBA program (a kick-ass program). It encourages growth, is supportive, and is making me a dynamite leader. I look forward to every day of class.
- Undefeated master at Words with Friends. Bring it on!
- Amateur aficionado of scotch and tea, though I indulge in the former sparingly and the latter frequently.
- Classical nerd. We can discuss which Enterprise captain is better, the virtues of the Shien/Djem So fighting style, and what distro of Linux is best.
- Tech and political junkie. I believe that technology will lead humanity to a better future, and that some political ideas are better than others. However, I'm not a fan of being a jerk to anyone over either topic.
Marketing Graduate Associate - execMBA Program, University of Missouri
- Manage an $11,000 monthly budget to attract & recruit potential executive MBA students.
- Administer all Google AdWords and LinkedIn Ad campaigns. Balance efforts between display network, search, and remarketing.
- Design email marketing campaigns. Typical open rate is 11% above industry average.
- Determine ROI and campaign reach using Google Analytics and Excel, with a focus on conversions and student applications.
Strategic Development Intern - Regional Economic Development Inc.
- Served Executive Director, Planning Committee by writing first annual strategic plan.
- Coordinated entrepreneurship support efforts and created an online inventory of startup resources in mid-Missouri.
- Analyzed civic records to develop metrics of organizational success.
Lead Organizer - TEDxMU
- Founded 501(c)(3) corporation to manage future TEDx events.
- Promoted the event with an online campaign using social media (Facebook, Twitter) and web marketing. Measured audience involvement using Google Analytics.
- Attracted and curated 10 speakers and 100 attendees out of a pool of 35 speakers and 237 applicants.
- Oversaw all finances, including online ticket sales and donor relations. Raised $10,000 in cash and in-kind donations in first year.
- Installed project management framework, including task management system.
Marketing Intern + Office Associate - Mother's Brewing Company
- Organized marketing efforts for grand opening celebration with over 2,100 attendees.
- Managed daily office operations for a startup brewery, including purchasing and credit applications.
- Developed inventory and sales record systems using Excel for tasting room with 4,000 items.
Legislative Intern - Missouri House of Representative
- Published seven press releases with 100% acceptance.
- Researched legislative concerns and wrote policy briefings for majority caucus members.
- Troubleshot constituent issues that required working with multiple state agencies.
- Executed social media, survey efforts, and constituent outreach programs for the office
Masters of Business Administration - University of Missouri
Focus in management + online marketing | 3.50 GPA | Estimated May 2013
B.S. Public Relations - Missouri State University
Focus in crisis communication | 3.78 GPA | May 2011
Civic Committee Involvement
- Public Communications Resource Advisory Committee of the city of Columbia, MO (Emeritus)
- Columbia Community Development Commission of the city of Columbia, MO (Emeritus)
- Graduate Policy Committee of Robert J. Trulaske Sr. College of Business, University of Missouri
- Secretary, Alumni Board of Iota Beta Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity
- Adept in Microsoft Office; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator; HTML, CSS